Our latest publication for bike riders has proven to be very popular. 80,000 copies have been distributed across Victoria to local councils, police stations, bike shops and individuals since its launch in December.
Produced in collaboration with VicRoads, Bicycle Network, Cycling Victoria, City of Melbourne, City of Yarra and Amy Gillett Foundation.
Bike Law has gained substantial media coverage:
- Getting cycling rules clear, The Age
- Bike law handbook aims to take the heat out of sharing the road, The Age
- High speeds a hazard for Border cyclists, The Border Mail
- New road rules guide should be compulsory reading, Geelong Advertiser
- Get into gear and learn laws, Leader Community Newspapers
- Victoria Law Foundation launches bike law guide to reduce cyclist collisions in Melbourne, Leader Community Newspapers
Listen to our Executive Director, Joh Kirby's radio interviews:
- 774 ABC Melbourne interview with Ali More
- 3AW with interview Tom Elliott
- 774 ABC Melbourne interview with Libbi Gorr
According to Craig Richards, Chief Executive Officer of Bicycle Network Victoria, 'The publication of Bike Law was an important step towards greater harmony among road users – drivers, bike riders and pedestrians alike.
‘This guide will remove a lot of uncertainty and therefore make bike riders more confident and secure, and that means reduced risk of crashes.'
For more information on the publication, please contact our publishing team, on (03) 9604 8100 or email.