A comprehensive overview of the criminal jurisdiction of the Magistrates' Court of Victoria for VCE students, outlining the roles of court officers and hearing procedures. It includes a variety of research and discussion activities, as well as an observation assignment for students to complete during an excursion to the court.
- Curriculum links
- Using the model hearing
- Using the student activities
- Courtrooom set-up
- Script: Danielle come to judgment
- Research and discussion activities
- Magistrates' Court observation assignment
- Magistrates' Court observation assignment data sheet
- Useful internet sites.