Small Grants support projects that improve community understanding of the justice system where there is evidence of legal need, including Law Week events. Small Grants are for projects with budgets up to $5,000.
The types of projects likely to be funded include:
- one-off projects – to address a legal issue which is likely to make a difference for a specific audience, for example, a legal resource – video, factsheet
- pilot projects - offering new approaches or to trial a strategy and gain further insights, for example, the delivery of legal information in a new format that could be duplicated in other services.
- Law Week events - events must take place during Law Week for a community audience.
Submit an application
The Foundation accepts applications for Small Grants at any time throughout the year - there are no formal open or closing dates. Applications will be assessed every 2-4 weeks. Applications must be submitted through the grants portal on the Foundation’s website.
Before submitting your application:
- download the Small Grants application form, guidelines and read the grants criteria
- contact the Grants Manager. The Grants Manager can provide feedback on your project proposal, indicate if it meets selection criteria and advise if sufficient funds are available, giving your application the best chance of success.