Priority will be given to applications that can demonstrate the following:
how the project might lead to better programs or interventions for your community
how your ability to collect, analyse and/or integrate data and information in a rigorous way will sustain beyond the project
The types of applications we might fund include:
- capacity building - for example professional development for staff or engaging a consultant with specific expertise to help organisations build sustainable data collection and/or develop research skills
- organisations collaborating to develop a new understanding of a legal problem or issues for a specific audience - for example collecting/collating/analysing data and information in a new way
- scoping projects – to gather evidence on an issue or problem which may inspire further research, programs or interventions
- or other projects which meet the priority.
For more information see our Knowledge Grant Guidelines.
Who can apply?
We are seeking applications from community legal centres and not-for-profit community organisations.
Grants can only be made to organisations not individuals, and the outcomes of the project must primarily benefit Victorians.
We will not accept applications from organisations which have a primary and/or existing role to undertake research, however such organisations may partner with the applicant organisation to provide skills and expertise.
If you are unsure if you are eligible, please contact the Grants Manager on 9604 8100.
Submit an application
The Knowledge Grant program will open from July 2019. The application form will available to download at this time. Applications must be submitted through the grants portal on the Foundation’s website by COB Monday 26 August 2019.
Before submitting your application:
- download the Knowledge Grants application form, guidelines and read the grants criteria
- contact the Grants Manager. The Grants Manager can provide feedback on your project proposal, indicate if it meets selection criteria and advise if sufficient funds are available, giving your application the best chance of success.